Have you seen those giant knit blankets on the internet? They are made out of gorgeous yarn and look just. so. cozy. Instead of spending $100 on one, what if you could make your own? Well, you can! Read on for the free giant crochet blanket pattern!
This pattern is amazingly simple and will cost a fraction of the $100 price tag of the giant blankets in the store. Plus, the yarn used in this pattern washes better than the wool that most of the giant blankets are made from, making this a huge plus if you have kids or messy people in your home (like me, I’m always spilling stuff!). This yarn is so soft and deliciously chunky. I mean, just look at it!
This post contains affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you purchase items through these links. To read our affiliate disclosure, please click here.
For this pattern you will need:
- *Pattern is written in US terms
- Ch – chain
- Dc – double crochet
- This pattern is super simple and very easy to customize. If you don’t like the length of the blanket, simple crochet fewer rows. You could even make the blanket wider, but be aware that making the blanket wider or longer may mean you need another skein or two.
- When I reach the end of a skein I tie the two ends of yarn into a knot (taboo, I know but #yolo). I then weave in the ends as I go or use the smaller crochet hook to weave the ends in when I am done.
I was so excited to write this pattern, it is so simple and so cozy! I’ve never been so warm while working on a project. My son was also in love with this blanket, he played and snuggled with it for a good hour. I think he was a little disappointed that we were giving the blanket to his aunt instead of keeping it. Lucky for him I know how to make this blanket again 😉
Without further ado, here is the pattern!
- Ch 40
- Ch 3, dc into 3rd chain from hook, turn
- Ch 3, dc all for 33 rows (or until blanket is desired length)
- Fasten off and weave in ends
That’s it! So super simple! Once you’re done you have the coziest lap blanket ever. This blanket was wide enough to wrap around me comfortably on the couch and long enough that I could tuck it under my toes and pull it up to my neck. Perfect for snuggling up with your favorite movie on a cold winter day!
Pin it for later!